3/29/2019

Consistency

...Consistency. *Gulps.*

I was asked the other day, (oh my. I’m officially golden using that vague and timeless term) “What is something you do EVERY day,”  and honestly the list surprised me. 

Eat good/nutritious food was not on that list. In fact, today, before noon I hadn’t eaten more than a half of one of my son’s Doritos. 

Take my vitamins was not on that list. 

Drink enough water, was NOT on that list. 

Consistency. 

The daily self-care things were simply not on my list. This is not a whoa is me post lol. I just had to take inventory. I do take time for me but I can go days with neglecting very important things that help my body and my life run smoothly. Meanwhile I’m making sure my kids have all that they need. 
That’s not going to work because the things that I have to do for me if not done can land me in the hospital. Then what?

Consistency. 

The diets. The dieeeeeets and supplements and protocols. There have been so many. I will do GREAT for a month. What result are you seeing in a month?!

Consistency. 

If I have to admit it I will admit it here. The place where I’ve WRITTEN promises to be consistent multiple times. (Last blog October of last year smh). 
Honestly my blog is an eye sore right now and it’s a little embarrassing to call myself a blogger and not have it updated. But the mental capacity it will take to get it done I don’t have right not. It’s occupied. So I have to post on this colorful um...creation. But whatever. That’s an excuse. 

Consistency.

If I am honest I can admit that lack of consistency has hindered me from progressing in certain areas. And it’s across the board; motherhood, my faith, my marriage.

Oh my that is an ugly truth. 

Consistency. 

For me is hard. But we do hard things!

*Sigh.*

Consistency...

What if it doesn’t work?
What if I fail?
What if I’m diligent, and faithful and prayed up and I. Still. Die... early?

There it is.  The fear. The reason behind the start stop start stop start stop. 

Consistency. 

Well God has consistently given me life for the past 30ish years. 

He has also consistently told me that I will not die early. 

And he consistently brings people unexpectedly to me to bring me words of encouragement and affirmation of the greatness within me. 

I honestly could have been gone but I’m here and that’s awesome! 

I am actually a walking miracle. *Takes a bow.*

How dare I not give it my all? Because when I make it to 86 I want to have a list of accolades, accomplishments and awards. Not what if’s, regrets and shoulda, couldas. 

So...


Consistency. 

No comments:

"You're on Your Own!" and Other Things the Bible Doesn't Say

"God helps those who helps themselves," is not in the bible. It has often rubbed me the wrong way and produced a "works&qu...