5/20/2012

Healing Devotional 5/20/12

I'm going to attempt to use my blog as a 60 day devotional for healing. Now I ain't perfect and I don't want this to be a stressful thing. I've prayed about it and I pray that God will guide me. I will try my best to post daily but I just won't beat myself up if I don't! It may turn into a once weekly or a few times a week...I'm just going to be obedient! You can pass this along to anyone who you thinks may be in need. Sunday, May 20, 2012 By His Stripes 1 Peter 2:23-24     23 who when He was reviled, reviled not in return; when He suffered, He threatened not, but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously; 24who His own self bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed. I am healed! Hallelujah. This is a sincere praise. Though I have not in this earthy realm, received (yet) the physical manifestation of my healing, I can still praise God and thank Him for what I know is coming in his word. The measure of faith he has given me is keeping me in that vain of thinking. This passage gives me hope. I do not take God's word lightly at all. It says in this beautiful passage that because Christ was beaten, I am healed. It makes me think of each Time the whip landed on his back and produced a stripe. Deuteronomy 25: 2-3        2And it shall be, if the wicked man be worthy to be beaten, that the judge shall cause him to lie down and to be beaten before his face, according to his fault, by a certain number. 3Forty stripes he may give him, and no more, lest, if he should exceed and beat him above these with many stripes, then thy brother should seem vile unto thee. Stripes he did not deserve! King of the Jews was his "crime" but he only came to heal and to save and to make us whole and for that I am completely grateful. When you are going through a physical illness, sometimes you can become filled with anger and dispare. You may find yourself asking over and over, God why me?! This anger impedes on healing. Instead of saying okay God I don't get it but I trust that you will carry me through, it allows one to fall into a victim mentality. Once trapped in this way of thinking it can be hardto ever see your way out. It can also lead to a sense of entitlement and a complaining spirt. When you allows your self to sulk and live in these emotions, you can remember that Jesus was NOT at fauly but yet he did not complain when he was suffering. You can't remember and really don't care that everything works for this good of those who love Christ. You can lean on God because you are leaning and listening and trying to understand and navigate through your own knowledge which is not and never will be more superior than God's. We serve the God who created this complex body with our super cool and fascinating braing and functions. We can't out think him on how to make this body work and we can't worry our way or fuss our way into a healing. Release the anger. Let him know your pain and your worries and your fear. It all boils down to fear. Gid can do it but will He? Oh yes, he will! Be blessed! ~Cam

No comments:

"You're on Your Own!" and Other Things the Bible Doesn't Say

"God helps those who helps themselves," is not in the bible. It has often rubbed me the wrong way and produced a "works&qu...