5/27/2019

Man Down Situation!

Im late for my Friday post but with good reason. Read a recent Facebook post I’ve copied here:

I’m careful with what to share because I see social media as mainly a fun pass time but so much has been going on lately! But y’all don’t be reading long posts like that anyway so just know I’m good and this isn’t a sad post lol.

Recently, I had a hospital stay. I am great and will be okay but I just wanted to thank those who found out, checked on me and showed up for me. There’s literally too many people to name. And I know had I been able to tell more people even more would have shown up. But y’all girl was knocked out in that hospital with very limited phone access.

That’s how loved I am and I am so grateful!

But I did want to shout out my god sister for doing CeeCee’s hair at the drop of a dime! She met up with Orlando like within less than an hour of me asking her! And CeeCee didn’t even cry! (Side eye at CeeCee). She washed, deeply moisturized and styled. Beautiful! That is invaluable for me.

And my dear sister friend who just moved out here drove down for 3 hours (she didn’t know it would take that long. Got caught in nasty traffic) to sit with me for an hour until I was too sleepy to keep chatting. She was injured herself and had them roll her in to come see about her friend. She’s such a G! How you not admitted to the hospital but get curb side service lol?! My heart smiled and we laughed and cackled!

This trend of people showing me love is NOT new. I have a whole post I’ve been working on to share on my blog (coming soon) about the complete professional home organization and Decluttering I was gifted as a beautiful mother’s day’s gift. Women dropped everything and not only helped me get my home functional but ministered to me, built me up and stocked my kitchen! I was blown away.

In January I had pneumonia, my sister wife paid to get my house cleaned and my other sisters cooked enough food for me to last a week!

I say that to say, people will show up for you. Will every one? No. But that doesn’t matter and it doesn’t make them whack. Never harp on who doesn’t. You never know what they’re going through and had they known if they would have helped.

See the good. Be grateful for the good. Be grateful for time people spend to give, help, and help elevate you!

*The people who found out I was in the hospital found out because they were able to get a message through the whack cell service and I was responding to them or Orlando was able to tell them. Otherwise he was overwhelmed and had the kids by himself for half a week (thank you so much for holding it down!) so no one was hiding any information. I was knocked out and healing and the most important part is I’m good and home!

~Cam

No comments:

"You're on Your Own!" and Other Things the Bible Doesn't Say

"God helps those who helps themselves," is not in the bible. It has often rubbed me the wrong way and produced a "works&qu...