9/25/2019

Hard Love Learn

I love the beach but I hate sand. It gets all in your everything lol. You literally clean sand for a week after a good beach trip. 
I love the part of the beach where the water and sand meet. The sand is soft and inviting and when the weather is perfect, the water is a delight. I could literally stay at that part for hours(What’s it called-shoreline?).
But in order to get to the shoreline, you must trudge through the unstable, sometimes hot, rocky, prickly sand and depending on the beach, that can be a lengthy walk. 
Sometimes we must go through a tough time to get to the good part. 
This has been evident in my life on several occasions: got married the same year my health was initially challenged, had a baby, health got worse, mom died, had a baby a week later. Literally, the BEST and worst things have happened to me at the same time several times.
I remember being the saddest I could ever be when my mom, my best friend died. And I hadn’t gotten to see her in a few weeks because I was on bed rest. Then just seven days later I had The Boy and I felt such joy when I held him. Like I couldn’t believe how I could feel so happy after just moments ago feeling immense grief. It boggles my mind almost four years later. 
If given the option, I would ALWAYS choose the easy way. But the hard things build character, grit, and stamina. They challenge you and show you what you didn’t know you had within, or what’s missing and you need to build up! The good times and easy things are great and can make for great memories and can cause you to change and strive for greatness and will warm your heart during a tough time but hard work, strife, and challenges can cause you to transform in a way “the easy road,” may not. 
So while I’m grateful for the good and truly cherish and often reminisce, I’m honestly not sure I’d have the compassion, heart for people, or perseverance to live life full out without my most challenging moments. #CamsNotesToSelf

No comments:

"You're on Your Own!" and Other Things the Bible Doesn't Say

"God helps those who helps themselves," is not in the bible. It has often rubbed me the wrong way and produced a "works&qu...